Tuesday, March 3, 2015

No Regrets

It's been a looooong time since the last time I posted, and there's been this little thing called life that got in the way.  There have been some huge changes in my life over the past year, but the most wonderful, most unexpected was landing a job I had long given up on. Last summer, one week before the beginning of the school year I was hired as a para educator in my dream school district.  It literally has been a dream come true!  Even though it has been a tremendous amount of work, my role this year doesn't even begin to prepare me for my student teaching experience next fall!  Yes, next December if everything goes well I will finally and officially be a certified teacher.  My story is a long one, but the short version is I graduated with my degree in middle childhood education nearly ten years ago and tried to run from my calling of being a teacher.  Well, it finally came full circle and I love it even more than I thought I would.

With all of this being said, I had to make a difficult decision and finally made it over the holidays.  My business is closed.  There is just no way that I can continue to put the time and commitment into that of business owner while giving 100% as a teacher.  Over the past few weeks, I have been finishing up my customer quilts and am looking forward to (hopefully) working on my own projects - I should say, I am really looking forward to this!  While it was fun to see my patterns come to fruition and it's really fun to still receive royalty checks - :) - there are so many other quilter's patterns I would like to make.  It will also be fun to not have to think about the design process and worry about the customer's reactions to my machine quilting.

Are you still with me? I hope so, because I'm about ready to make yet another announcement ... I have decided to keep my blog up and running and want to begin blogging again, but with a broader purpose!  I am so lucky that my mom and I are best friends and we're hoping to make this blog a collaborative project so you'll be seeing more because there's two of us!  We love to eat good food and are finding with our schedules, we're not eating the kind of food we want to be eating.  So, one of the things we want to start incorporating is more recipes and tips-and-tricks for busy, on-the-go people who still want to eat well.  A goal of ours is to have better photography ... I am such a homebody, it's pathetic!  We absolutely love where we live - Gettysburg, PA - and would love to share more with you about the region and why we love this place!  So, hopefully there are coming attractions, we're going to try our best to share with you!

Finally, a good friend of mine has a life motto, "If it's not fun, I'm not doing it!"  A great life motto and one that will hopefully come out through in our future blog posts!

Thanks to all of you who have stuck it out with me!

Hugs,
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover